CS/SB 242: Voter Information Cards
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Joyner
Voter Information Cards; Requires that voter information cards contain the address of the polling place of the registered voter. Requires a supervisor of elections to issue a new voter information card to a voter upon a change in a voter's address of legal residence or a change in a voter's polling place address. Provides instructions for implementation by the supervisors of elections.
Last Action: 5/7/2011 House - Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1355 (Ch. 2011-40)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Rules Subcommittee on Ethics and Elections (EE)
- Rules (RC)
- Judiciary (JU)
• Referred to Rules Subcommittee on Ethics and Elections; Rules; Judiciary; Budget -SJ 28
• On Committee agenda-- Rules Subcommittee on Ethics and Elections, 01/26/11, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Rules Subcommittee on Ethics and Elections (500128); YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -SJ 118
• Now in Rules -SJ 118
• Introduced -SJ 28
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/29/11, 3:15 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Rules; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 309
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 312
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 309
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/12/11, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 468
• Now in Budget -SJ 468
• Withdrawn from Budget -SJ 614
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Consent Calendar, 05/03/11
• Read 2nd time -SJ 742
• Read 3rd time -SJ 742
• CS passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 742
• In Messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1355 (Ch. 2011-40)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.