HB 7203: Economic Development
GENERAL BILL by Finance and Tax Committee ; Precourt ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Holder ; Metz
Economic Development; Defines terms "full-time employee" & "qualified capital expenditures"; provides for apportionment of certain taxpayer's adjusted federal income solely by sales factor; provides for eligibility based on taxpayer's capital expenditures & number of full-time employees; authorizes DOR to examine & verify that taxpayer has correctly apportioned its taxes; authorizes OTTED to approve & revoke approval of an application; provides for recapture of unpaid taxes, interest, & penalties, etc. APPROPRIATION: $89,000,000.00
Last Action: 5/7/2011 House - Died in House, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 143 (Ch. 2011-76)
Location: In conference committee
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 384
• Introduced -HJ 384
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/06/11
• Read 2nd time -HJ 424
• Amendment(s) adopted (931107) -HJ 424
• Read 3rd time -HJ 424
• Passed as amended; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 424
• Immediately certified -HJ 425
• Requests that the Senate pass the bill as passed by the House or agree to conference. -HJ 425
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 452
• Referred to Budget -SJ 452
• Withdrawn from Budget -SJ 452
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/07/11 -SJ 452
• Read 2nd time -SJ 452
• Amendment(s) adopted (482612) -SJ 453
• Read 3rd time -SJ 453
• Passed as amended; YEAS 37 NAYS 2 -SJ 453
• Immediately certified -SJ 453
• Refused to concur, acceded to request for conference committee -SJ 453
• In returning messages
• Conference Committee appointed: Representatives Precourt (Chair), Bernard, Dorworth, Holder, Ray -HJ 778
• Conference Committee appointed: Senators Alexander (Chair), Negron (Vice Chair); Gaetz, Gardiner, Siplin, Thrasher (At Large); Budget Conference Committee on FRS/Retirement: Ring (Chair), Benacquisto; Budget Conference Committee on Professional Deregulation: Hays (Chair); Budget Conference Committee on Governmental Reorganization: Gaetz (Chair); Budget Conference Committee on SEED Fund: Gaetz (Chair); Budget Conference Committee on State Employee Group Health Insurance: Negron (Chair); Budget Conference Committee on Criminal and Civil Justice/Justice: Fasano (Chair), Bennett, Evers, Joyner, Sachs, Storms, Thrasher; Budget Conference Committee on Education Pre-K - 12/PreK-12: Simmons (Chair), Bullard, Detert, Dockery, Montford, Wise; Budget Conference Committee on General Government/Government Operations: Hays (Chair), Dean, Diaz de la Portilla, Jones, Ring; Budget Conference Committee on Health and Human Services/Health Care: Negron (Chair), Flores, Garcia, Norman, Richter, Sobel; Budget Conference Committee on Higher Education/Higher Education: Lynn (Chair), Altman, Braynon, Oelrich, Siplin; Budget Conference Committee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development/Transportation and Economic Development: Gaetz (Chair), Benacquisto, Bogdanoff, Hill, Latvala, Margolis, Smith -SJ 507
• Conference Committee Report considered --Temporarily deferred -HJ 1934, 1935, 1949
• Died in House, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 143 (Ch. 2011-76)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.