CS/HB 7223: OGSR/Competitive Solicitations
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by State Affairs Committee ; Government Operations Subcommittee ; Patronis
OGSR/Competitive Solicitations; Provides exemption from public records requirements for bids, proposals, or replies submitted to an agency in response to competitive solicitation; expands exemption by extending its duration; provides for future review & repeal; revises provisions that provide exemption from public meetings requirements for meetings at which negotiation with vendor is conducted & which provides exemption from public records requirements for recordings of exempt meetings; expands public meetings exemption to include specified meetings, etc.
Last Action: 6/2/2011 - Chapter No. 2011-140
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 403
• Referred to State Affairs Committee -HJ 414
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 04/07/11, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 611
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by State Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 609
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 614
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/28/11
• Read 2nd time -HJ 847
• Read 3rd time -HJ 847
• CS passed; YEAS 113 NAYS 0 -HJ 848
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 1019
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 1019
• Withdrawn from Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 975
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/SB 2090 -SJ 975
• Read 2nd time -SJ 975
• Read 3rd time -SJ 976
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 976
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1218
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2011-140
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.