CS/CS/SB 830: Labor and Employment
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Community Affairs ; Thrasher ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Gaetz
Labor and Employment; Prohibits a state agency from deducting from employee wages funds for political activity. Prohibits a county, municipality, or other local governmental entity from deducting from employee wages funds for political activity. Prohibits labor organizations from collecting dues, assessments, fines, or penalties for the purposes of political activity without written authorization. Requires that the labor organization provide notice of such contributions and expenditures, etc.
Last Action: 5/7/2011 Senate - Died on Calendar
Location: On Special Order Calendar
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Budget (BC)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Budget -SJ 66
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/07/11, 3:15 pm, 412 Knott Building --Amendments adopted-Temporarily postponed
• Introduced -SJ 66
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/14/11, 10:15 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 5 NAYS 4 -SJ 226
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Community Affairs read 1st time -SJ 227
• Original reference(s) removed: Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• Remaining references corrected to Budget; Rules -SJ 262
• Now in Budget
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/13/11, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Budget; YEAS 11 NAYS 9 -SJ 469
• Now in Rules -SJ 469
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/15/11, 9:15 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 8 NAYS 4 -SJ 471
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 471
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/11
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 479
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/28/11 -SJ 540
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/11
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/02/11
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/03/11
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/04/11
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/05/11
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/06/11
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.