CS/SB 84: Community Colleges
GENERAL BILL by Higher Education ; Lynn ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Gaetz ; Thrasher ; Wise ; Simmons ; Oelrich
Community Colleges; Renames Gulf Coast Community College as "Gulf Coast State College." Renames Pensacola Junior College as "Pensacola State College." Renames St. Johns River Community College as "St. Johns River State College." Renames Valencia Community College as "Valencia College." Amends provisions relating to linkage institutes, the Florida School of the Arts, and the consolidation of certain training schools. Conforms provisions.
- Higher Education (HE)
- Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations (BHI)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Higher Education; Budget -SJ 18
• On Committee agenda-- Higher Education, 02/08/11, 10:00 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• CS by Higher Education; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 118
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Budget -SJ 118
• Introduced -SJ 18
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations -SJ 109
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations, 03/11/11, 10:15 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Higher Education read 1st time -SJ 109
• Favorable by Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 204
• Now in Budget -SJ 204
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 03/15/11, 3:15 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Budget; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 232
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 232
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/23/11
• Read 2nd time -SJ 267
• Placed on 3rd reading -SJ 267
• Read 3rd time -SJ 284
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 284
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 1005
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/03/11
• Received -HJ 1005
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1025
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1111
• CS passed; YEAS 113 NAYS 1 -HJ 1111
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 851
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2011-102
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.