CS/CS/HB 337: Public-Private Partnerships
GENERAL BILL by State Affairs Committee ; Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee ; Williams, T. ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Moraitis ; Van Zant
Public-Private Partnerships; Provides legislative findings & intent relating to construction or upgrade of facilities by private entities which are used predominately for public purpose; requires public entities to develop & adopt guidelines governing procedures & criteria for selection of projects & public-private agreements; provides procurement procedures; provides project-approval requirements; provides project qualifications & process; provides for notice to affected local jurisdictions; provides for interim & comprehensive agreements between public & private entities; provides for use fees; provides for private financing requirements; provides powers & duties for private entities; provides for expiration or termination of agreements; provides for applicability of sovereign immunity for public entities with respect to qualified projects; provides construction.
Last Action: 3/9/2012 Senate - Died in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
Location: In committee/council (GO)
Bill Text: PDF
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations (BGA)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Government Operations Subcommittee; Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 35
• Introduced -HJ 35
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Subcommittee, 01/31/12, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 455
• Now in Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 455
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/21/12, 8:30 am, 404 HOB
• CS by Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 3 -HJ 738
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 735
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 812
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 02/24/12, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS/CS by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 3 -HJ 855
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by State Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 847
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 907
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1025
• Amendment(s) adopted (210363) -HJ 1025
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1079
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 95 NAYS 20 -HJ 1079
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 841
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Community Affairs; Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations; Budget -SJ 841
• Died in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.