CS/SB 576: Public-private Partnerships
GENERAL BILL by Community Affairs ; Bennett
Public-private Partnerships; Providing legislative findings and intent relating to the construction or upgrade of facilities by private entities which are used predominately for a public purpose; requiring public entities to develop and adopt guidelines governing procedures and criteria for the selection of projects and public-private agreements; providing procurement procedures; providing project-approval requirements; providing project qualifications and process; providing for notice to affected local jurisdictions; providing for private financing requirements; providing powers and duties for private entities; providing for the applicability of sovereign immunity for public entities with respect to qualified projects, etc.
Last Action: 3/9/2012 Senate - Died in Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations
Location: In committee/council (BGA)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations (BGA)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Community Affairs; Budget -SJ 49
• Introduced -SJ 49
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 02/01/12, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 325
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 325
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 02/13/12, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 500
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Community Affairs read 1st time -SJ 502
• Now in Budget -SJ 500
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations -SJ 534
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations
• Died in Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.