CS/SB 590: Noncriminal Traffic Infractions
GENERAL BILL by Transportation ; Garcia ; Wise ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Evers
Noncriminal Traffic Infractions; (THIS BILL COMBINES S590 & S568) Amending provisions relating to use of a traffic infraction detector when a driver has failed to stop at a traffic control signal pursuant to specified provisions; providing that the owner of a motor vehicle involved in a violation is responsible for paying the uniform traffic citation unless the motor vehicle’s owner was deceased on or before the date the uniformed traffic citation was issued; requiring the establishment of minimum yellow light change interval times for intersections where traffic infraction detectors are used; requiring notices of violation for violations at such intersections to contain specific information regarding the yellow light times, etc.
Last Action: 3/9/2012 Senate - Died in Budget Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development Appropriations, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 599 (Ch. 2012-174), CS/CS/HB 1223 (Ch. 2012-181)
Location: In committee/council (BTA)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Transportation (TR)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Budget Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development Appropriations (BTA)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Transportation; Community Affairs; Budget -SJ 51
• Introduced -SJ 51
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 02/07/12, 1:30 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS combines this bill with SB 568
• CS by Transportation; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 484
• Remaining combined CS references: Community Affairs; Budget
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 484
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 02/13/12, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Transportation read 1st time -SJ 485
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 499
• Now in Budget -SJ 499
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development Appropriations -SJ 519
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development Appropriations
• Died in Budget Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development Appropriations, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 599 (Ch. 2012-174), CS/CS/HB 1223 (Ch. 2012-181)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.