CS/CS/SB 704: Building Construction and Inspection
GENERAL BILL by Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations ; Community Affairs ; Bennett
Building Construction and Inspection; Revising the authorized methods of sending notices to violators of local codes; requiring a county or municipality, a department or agency of the state, a county, or a municipality, or any other public body or institution to open a sealed bid and announce the name of each bidder and the price submitted in the bid at a public meeting and make such information available upon request; authorizing a building code administrator or building official to approve the electronic filing of building plans and related documents, etc.
Last Action: 3/25/2012 - Chapter No. 2012-13, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 387 (Ch. 2012-58), CS/CS/HB 887 (Ch. 2012-72), CS/CS/HB 897 (Ch. 2012-211)
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations (BGA)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Budget -SJ 59
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 01/12/12, 8:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 59
• CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 214
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Community Affairs read 1st time -SJ 250
• Now in Budget
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations -SJ 255
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations, 02/01/12, 10:15 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 325
• Now in Budget -SJ 325
• CS/CS by Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 330
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 02/21/12, 3:45 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Budget; YEAS 21 NAYS 0 -SJ 671
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 671
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/01/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 738
• Amendment(s) adopted (114548, 206788, 214616, 354086, 502288, 543126, 552098, 583294, 625180, 653604, 655408) -SJ 739
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 742
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 771
• Amendment(s) adopted (133860) -SJ 771
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 771
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 1061
• Received -HJ 1060
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 651 -HJ 1067
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1067
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1068
• CS passed; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 1068
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 870
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -SJ 1134
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2012-13, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 387 (Ch. 2012-58), CS/CS/HB 887 (Ch. 2012-72), CS/CS/HB 897 (Ch. 2012-211)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.