CS/HB 809: Communications Services Taxes
GENERAL BILL by Finance and Tax Committee ; Grant ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Dorworth ; Patronis ; Plakon ; Tobia
Communications Services Taxes; Revises legislative intent; modifies definitions; removes definition of term "cable service"; adds definition for term "Internet access service"; revises definitions of terms "communication services," "information service," "sales price," "service address," and "video service"; revises provisions relating to communications services dealer's liability for tax underpayments that result from incorrect assignment of service addresses to local taxing jurisdictions & provides requirements & conditions with respect thereto; prohibits DOR from denying dealer of communications services deduction of specified amount as collection allowance; requires DOR to aggregate monthly & make available to public on jurisdiction-by-jurisdiction basis certain sales & net tax information; provides for retroactive effect; creates Communications Services Tax Working Group; houses working group in DOR for administrative purposes.
Last Action: 4/8/2012 - Chapter No. 2012-70
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Finance and Tax Committee; Energy and Utilities Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 80
• Introduced -HJ 79
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax Committee, 01/26/12, 2:30 pm, Morris Hall
• CS by Finance and Tax Committee; YEAS 23 NAYS 0 -HJ 300
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Energy and Utilities Subcommittee -HJ 297
• On Committee agenda-- Energy and Utilities Subcommittee, 01/31/12, 12:30 pm, Webster Hall
• CS by Finance and Tax Committee read 1st time -HJ 289
• Favorable by Energy and Utilities Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 320
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 320
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 02/08/12, 8:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 549
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 549
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/22/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 706
• Amendment(s) adopted (372887) -HJ 710
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 756
• Amendment(s) adopted (521699, 982113) -HJ 756
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 757
• In Messages
• Referred to Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; Community Affairs; Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Budget -SJ 869
• Withdrawn from Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; Community Affairs; Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Budget -SJ 1216
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 1216
• Substituted for CS/CS/CS/SB 1060 -SJ 1216
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1216
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1216
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 1 -SJ 1216
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1714
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2012-70
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.