CS/SB 910: Public Retirement Plans
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Hays ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Bennett
Public Retirement Plans; Revising provisions relating to benefits paid from the premium tax by a municipality or special fire control district that has its own pension plan; providing for retroactive application; revising the definition of the term “compensation” or “salary” for purposes of police officers’ pensions; revising provisions relating to benefits paid by a municipality that has its own pension plan, etc.
Last Action: 3/9/2012 Senate - Died in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
Location: In committee/council (GO)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Budget -SJ 76
• Introduced -SJ 76
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 02/02/12, 3:15 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 7 NAYS 1 -SJ 326
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Original reference(s) removed: Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• Remaining references corrected to Community Affairs; Budget -SJ 341
• Now in Community Affairs
• Original reference(s)- removed: Community Affairs -SJ 325
• Remaining references corrected to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Budget -SJ 325
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 331
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 02/16/12, 1:45 pm, 110 Senate Office Building --Not Considered
• Died in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.