SB 1040: Practice of Dentistry
GENERAL BILL by Bogdanoff ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Oelrich ; Altman
Practice of Dentistry; Revising the eligibility requirements for taking the examinations required to practice dentistry if the applicant is a graduate of a certain dental college or school; revising the eligibility requirements for taking the examinations required to practice dental hygiene; revising the licensing requirements to practice as a dental hygienist; authorizing dental hygienists to administer certain local anesthesia under the direct supervision of a licensed dentist if certain educational requirements are met; requiring dental hygienists to maintain current certification in basic or advanced cardiopulmonary resuscitation or advanced cardiac life support with recertification every 2 years, etc.
Last Action: 3/25/2012 - Chapter No. 2012-14
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Health Regulation (HR)
- Budget Subcommittee on Health and Human Services Appropriations (BHA)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Health Regulation; Budget -SJ 85
• Introduced -SJ 85
• On Committee agenda-- Health Regulation, 01/19/12, 10:15 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Health Regulation; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 252
• Now in Budget -SJ 252
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Health and Human Services Appropriations -SJ 268
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Health and Human Services Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on Health and Human Services Appropriations, 01/31/12, 8:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building --Meeting cancelled
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on Health and Human Services Appropriations, 02/01/12, 10:15 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Budget Subcommittee on Health and Human Services Appropriations; YEAS 6 NAYS 1 -SJ 314
• Now in Budget -SJ 314
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 02/21/12, 3:45 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Budget; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 671
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 671
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/01/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 734
• Amendment(s) adopted (719830) -SJ 734
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 736
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 773
• Amendment(s) adopted (857106) -SJ 773
• Passed as amended; YEAS 33 NAYS 7 -SJ 773
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 1061
• Received -HJ 1061
• Substituted for CS/HB 1313 -HJ 1082
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1082
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1083
• Passed; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 1083
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 870
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -SJ 1134
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2012-14
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.