CS/CS/HB 1101: Insurance
GENERAL BILL by Economic Affairs Committee ; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Horner
Insurance; Exempts salvage motor vehicle dealers from having to carry certain types of insurance coverage under certain circumstances; authorizes corporation not for profit self-insurance funds that are required to maintain continuing program of excess insurance coverage & reserve evaluation to purchase excess insurance from eligible surplus lines insurers or reinsurers; authorizes DFS to provide examinations in Spanish; revises provisions relating to limited licenses for travel insurance; provides specified exemptions from requirement that insurer provide notification of nonrenewal to insured; provides legislative intent relating to application of certain mandatory health benefits regulated under ch. 627, F.S.; specifies interest rate applicable to accrual of interest on overdue payments of personal injury protection benefits; expanding kinds of insurance for which captive insurer may seek licensure, etc.
Last Action: 4/25/2012 - Chapter No. 2012-151, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 119 (Ch. 2012-197), CS/CS/HB 1223 (Ch. 2012-181)
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee; Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 108
• Introduced -HJ 107
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 01/24/12, 2:00 pm, 404 HOB
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 300
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 307
• Original reference(s) removed: Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee
• CS referred to Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 318
• Now in Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 318
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 02/22/12, 9:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS/CS by- Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 815
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 812
• CS/CS by Economic Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 802
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/28/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 874
• Amendment(s) adopted (111633, 177327, 269497, 303525, 561237, 658053) -HJ 874
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 925
• Amendment(s) adopted (781019) -HJ 926
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 926
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 850
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations; Budget -SJ 850
• Withdrawn from Banking and Insurance; Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations; Budget -SJ 1039
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 1039
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 1620 -SJ 1039
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1039
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1040
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 1040
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1245
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2012-151, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 119 (Ch. 2012-197), CS/CS/HB 1223 (Ch. 2012-181)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.