CS/SB 122: Driver Improvement Schools and Education Programs for Driver License Applicants
GENERAL BILL by Transportation ; Sobel
Driver Improvement Schools and Education Programs for Driver License Applicants; Requiring the curricula of driver improvement schools and education programs to include instruction on the risks associated with using a handheld electronic communication device while operating a motor vehicle, etc.
Last Action: 3/9/2012 Senate - Died in Budget Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development Appropriations
Location: In committee/council (BTA)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Transportation (TR)
- Education Pre-K - 12 (ED)
- Budget Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development Appropriations (BTA)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Transportation; Education Pre-K - 12; Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; Budget -SJ 18
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 12/07/11, 9:30 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Transportation; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 112
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Education Pre-K - 12 -SJ 112
• Introduced -SJ 18
• CS by Transportation read 1st time -SJ 99
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 01/30/12, 3:30 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Education Pre-K - 12; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 300
• Now in Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities -SJ 300
• Withdrawn from Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities -SJ 325
• Now in Budget
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development Appropriations -SJ 349
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development Appropriations
• Died in Budget Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development Appropriations
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.