The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
CS/HB 1331: Property Fraud
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice Subcommittee ; Wood ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Julien ; McBurney ; Passidomo
Property Fraud; Prohibits person, with intent to defraud or harass another, from filing or causing to be filed document relating to ownership, transfer, or encumbrance of or claim against real or personal property, or any interest in real or personal property, which person knows contains material misstatement, misrepresentation, or omission of fact; provides person who records claim of lien in official records pursuant to part I of ch. 713, F.S., be subject to fraud provisions of s. 713.31, F.S., & not this provision.
Last Action: 3/9/2012 Senate - Died in Judiciary
Bill Text: PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations (BJA)
- Budget (BC)
• Introduced -HJ 131
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 215
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 01/31/12, 12:30 pm, 404 HOB
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 323
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 316
• Original reference(s) removed: Justice Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Judiciary Committee -HJ 452
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 452
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/08/12, 8:30 am, 404 HOB
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 550
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 550
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/22/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 720
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 769
• CS passed; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 769
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 830
• Referred to Judiciary; Criminal Justice; Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations; Budget -SJ 830
• Died in Judiciary
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.