CS/SB 1342: Child Support Enforcement
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Storms
Child Support Enforcement; Providing that, for IV-D cases, an affidavit filed with a child support depository requesting that child support payments be made through the depository need not allege a default in support payments; requiring the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles to reinstate an obligor’s driving privileges if the obligor is paying his or her support obligation by income deduction order or is receiving unemployment compensation, social security disability payments, supplemental security income, or temporary cash assistance; adding a caregiver to the list of persons who may provide a statement regarding a putative father; providing that the Department of Revenue rather than the director of the state IV-D program may cause a lien to be placed on a motor vehicle and vessel, etc.
Last Action: 3/9/2012 Senate - Died in Budget
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Transportation (TR)
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations (BGA)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Transportation; Banking and Insurance; Budget -SJ 145
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 01/19/12, 10:15 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 145
• Favorable by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 264
• Now in Transportation -SJ 264
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 02/07/12, 1:30 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable with 2 amendment(s) by Transportation (202046, 682354); YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 484
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Amendments)
• Now in Banking and Insurance -SJ 484
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 02/16/12, 8:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 523
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Budget -SJ 523
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations -SJ 534
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 538
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations, 02/28/12, 10:45 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 721
• Now in Budget -SJ 721
• Died in Budget
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.