SB 1728: Instruction in the Public Schools
GENERAL BILL by Montford ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Sobel
Instruction in the Public Schools; Authorizing each district school board to provide cyberbullying awareness instruction in K-12 public schools during the beginning of the school year; providing for designation of “Cyberbullying Awareness Week”; providing for the integration of cyberbullying awareness instruction into existing curriculum and the goals of such instruction, etc.
Last Action: 3/9/2012 Senate - Died in Budget
Location: In committee/council (BC)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education Pre-K - 12 (ED)
- Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations (BEA)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Budget -SJ 230
• Introduced -SJ 230
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 02/21/12, 9:15 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Education Pre-K - 12; YEAS 6 NAYS 0
• Now in Budget
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations -SJ 673
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations, 02/28/12, 10:45 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 721
• Now in Budget -SJ 721
• Died in Budget
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.