CS/SB 2: Relief of William Dillon by State of Florida
CLAIM/GENERAL by Rules ; Haridopolos ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Richter
Relief of William Dillon by State of Florida; Providing for the relief of William Dillon, who was wrongfully incarcerated for 27 years; providing an appropriation to compensate William Dillon for his wrongful incarceration; directing the Chief Financial Officer to draw a warrant for the purchase of an annuity; providing for a waiver of certain tuition and fees; providing conditions for payment; providing that the act does not waive certain defenses or increase the state’s liability; providing a limitation on the payment of fees and costs; providing that certain benefits are void upon any future finding that William Dillon is not innocent of the alleged crime, etc. CLAIM WITH APPROPRIATION: $1,350,000.00
Last Action: 5/6/2012 - Chapter No. 2012-229
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Special Master on Claim Bills (SM)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Special Master on Claim Bills -SJ 13
• Also referred to Rules -SJ 13
• Recommendation: Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Special Master on Claim Bills -SJ 111
• Now in Rules -SJ 111
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 11/16/11, 11:45 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by- Rules; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 113
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 113
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/10/12
• Introduced -SJ 13
• CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 99
• Read 2nd time -SJ 7
• Amendment(s) adopted (420416)
• Read 3rd time -SJ 7
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 1 -SJ 7
• Immediately certified -SJ 7
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 687
• Received -HJ 687
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/12
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 141 -HJ 793
• Read 2nd time -HJ 793
• Amendment(s) adopted (694861) -HJ 793
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 823
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 107 NAYS 5 -HJ 823
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (694861) -SJ 727
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 1 -SJ 728
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 765
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -SJ 765
• Approved by Governor -SJ 759
• Chapter No. 2012-229
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.