CS/SB 2052: Sexually Violent Predators
GENERAL BILL by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs ; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Lynn
Sexually Violent Predators; Requiring that the Department of Children and Family Services give priority to the assessment of persons who will be released from total confinement at the earliest date under certain circumstances; revising the period within which the department’s multidisciplinary team is required to provide an assessment to the state attorney; prohibiting the introduction or attempted introduction of certain items into any facility for the detention of sexually violent predators; creating the Statewide Workgroup on the Conditional Release of Sexually Violent Predators, etc.
Last Action: 3/9/2012 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1097 (Ch. 2012-79) -SJ 1672
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
• SPB 7162 submitted as a committee bill (SB 2052) by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Criminal Justice; Budget -SJ 267
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 01/25/12, 3:30 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 267
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 280
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs read 1st time -SJ 294
• Now in Criminal Justice
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/09/12, 1:15 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 0
• Now in Budget -SJ 484
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Health and Human Services Appropriations -SJ 519
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Health and Human Services Appropriations
• Withdrawn from Budget Subcommittee on Health and Human Services Appropriations; Budget -SJ 956
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 956
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/09/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1672
• Amendment(s) adopted (860884) -SJ 1672
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 1097 -SJ 1672
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1097 (Ch. 2012-79) -SJ 1672
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.