SB 2058: Office of Legislative Services
GENERAL BILL by Rules
Office of Legislative Services; Providing for duties related to the registration and reporting of legislative lobbyists to be conducted by the office rather than the Division of Legislative Information Services within the office; requiring that certain content relating to the published edition of the Florida Statutes be determined by the office rather than by the Division of Statutory Revision within the office; requiring that the office, rather than the Division of Statutory Revision, certify to the Legislature public records and public meetings exemptions that are scheduled for repeal, etc.
Last Action: 4/7/2012 - Chapter No. 2012-51
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Rules (RC)
• SPB 7178 submitted as a committee bill (SB 2058) by Rules
• Referred to Rules -SJ 281
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 01/30/12, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 281
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 300
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 300
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/13/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 496
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 514
• Passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 514
• In Messages
• Referred to Rules and Calendar Committee -HJ 830
• Received -HJ 830
• On Committee agenda-- Rules and Calendar Committee, 02/27/12, 4:15 pm, 404 HOB
• Favorable by- Rules and Calendar Committee; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -HJ 908
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 908
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1115
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1153
• Passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 1153
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 958
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2012-51
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.