HB 5405: Clerks of the Court
GENERAL BILL by Justice Appropriations Subcommittee ; Glorioso
Clerks of the Court; Transfers Clerks of the Court Trust Fund to DOR; provides additional powers & duties for LBC; revises distribution of filing fees; revises provisions relating to Florida Clerks of Court Operations Corporation; requires establishment of process for review of proposed court-related budgets; specifies functions that clerks may & may not fund from filing fees, service charges, court costs, & fines; deletes provisions relating to preparation of legislative budget request; provides for funding pursuant to contract with CFO; requires increasing fees, service charges, & other court-related clerk fees & charges in certain circumstances; provides for corrective measures if CFO finds court-related budget includes functions not included in standard list; authorizes LBC to approve increases to budgets in certain circumstances; provides for remission of specified funds; provides that Florida Clerks of Court Operations Corporation is not included in definition of term "state agency" for specified purposes.
Last Action: 3/9/2012 House - Died in Conference Committee, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5001 (Ch. 2012-118)
Location: In conference committee
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 275
• Referred to Appropriations Committee -HJ 297
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 02/01/12, 11:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Appropriations Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 5 -HJ 457
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 457
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/08/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 533
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 558
• Passed; YEAS 84 NAYS 31 -HJ 559
• Requests that the Senate pass the bill as passed by the House or agree to conference -HJ 566
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 548
• Referred to Budget -SJ 548
• Withdrawn from Budget -SJ 666
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/12 -SJ 666
• Read 2nd time -SJ 669
• Amendment(s) adopted (342290) -SJ 669
• Read 3rd time -SJ 669
• Passed as amended; YEAS 36 NAYS 0 -SJ 669
• The Senate having refused to pass the bill as passed by the House, acceded to the request for a conference -SJ 670
• Immediately certified -SJ 669
• In returning messages
• Conference Committee appointed: Representatives Glorioso (Chair), Eisnaugle, Grant, Harrell, McBurney, Metz, Perry, Pilon, Rouson, Soto, Waldman -HJ 899
• Conference Committee appointed: Budget Conference Committee on Budget/Appropriations: Alexander (Chair), Negron (Vice Chair), Bennett (At Large), Gaetz (At Large), Gardiner (At Large), Joyner (At Large), Rich (At Large), Thrasher (At Large); Budget Conference Committee on Criminal and Civil Justice/Justice: Bogdanoff (Chair), Evers, Smith, Storms; Budget Conference Committee on Education Pre-K - 12/PreK-12: Simmons (Chair), Detert, Gardiner, Montford, Ring; Budget Conference Committee on Finance and Tax: Norman (Chair), Alexander, Gaetz, Siplin; Budget Conference Committee on General Government/Government Operations: Hays (Chair), Braynon, Bullard, Diaz de la Portilla, Dockery, Jones, Thrasher; Budget Conference Committee on Health and Human Services/Health Care: Negron (Chair), Fasano, Flores, Garcia, Oelrich, Rich, Richter, Sobel; Budget Conference Committee on Higher Education/Higher Education: Lynn (Chair), Altman, Sachs, Siplin, Wise; Budget Conference Committee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development/Transportation and Economic Development: Benacquisto (Chair), Bennett, Dean, Gibson, Latvala, Margolis -SJ 704
• Died in Conference Committee, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5001 (Ch. 2012-118)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.