CS/HB 639: Reclaimed Water
GENERAL BILL by State Affairs Committee ; Young ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Abruzzo ; Cruz ; Grant ; Pilon ; Sands ; Williams, T.
Reclaimed Water; Provides legislative findings relating to use of reclaimed water; provides that reclaimed water is eligible for alternative water supply funding; authorizes specified contract provisions for development of reclaimed water as alternative water supply; prohibits exclusion of reclaimed water use in regional water supply planning; prohibits water management districts from requiring permits for use of reclaimed water & from requiring or restricting services provided by reuse utilities; requires DEP & each water management district to initiate rulemaking to adopt specified revisions to water resource implementation rule.
Last Action: 4/25/2012 - Chapter No. 2012-150
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Select Committee on Water Policy; Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee; Rulemaking and Regulation Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 63
• On Committee agenda-- Select Committee on Water Policy, 12/07/11, 4:00 pm, 404 HOB
• Favorable by Select Committee on Water Policy; YEAS 14 NAYS 1 -HJ 176
• Now in Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee -HJ 176
• Introduced -HJ 63
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee, 01/17/12, 12:30 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 2 -HJ 229
• Now in Rulemaking and Regulation Subcommittee -HJ 229
• On Committee agenda-- Rulemaking and Regulation Subcommittee, 01/24/12, 2:00 pm, 306 HOB
• Favorable by Rulemaking and Regulation Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 3 -HJ 282
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 282
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 02/01/12, 8:30 am, Morris Hall
• CS by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 526
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 525
• CS by State Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 523
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/22/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 728
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 777
• CS passed; YEAS 113 NAYS 1 -HJ 778
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 817
• Referred to Environmental Preservation and Conservation; Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations; Budget -SJ 817
• Withdrawn from Environmental Preservation and Conservation; Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations; Budget -SJ 1259
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 1259
• Substituted for CS/SB 1086 -SJ 1259
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1259
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1259
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 1259
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1713
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2012-150
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.