The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
CS/CS/HB 965: Relief/Aaron Edwards/Lee Memorial Health System/Lee County
CLAIMS/LOCAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Diaz ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Abruzzo ; Campbell ; Kiar ; Randolph
Relief/Aaron Edwards/Lee Memorial Health System/Lee County; Provides for relief of Aaron Edwards, a minor, by Lee Memorial Health System of Lee County; provides for appropriation to compensate Aaron Edwards for damages sustained as result of medical negligence by employees of Lee Memorial Health System of Lee County; provides limitation on payment of fees & costs. CLAIM: $15,000,000
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 95
• Introduced -HJ 95
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 02/17/12, 8:00 am, 404 HOB
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 1 -HJ 685
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 689
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 678
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/24/12, 8:00 am, 404 HOB
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 12 NAYS 1 -HJ 835
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 854
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 850
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1056
• Amendment(s) failed (215055) -HJ 1056
• Amendment(s) adopted (809233) -HJ 1056
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1091
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 97 NAYS 14 -HJ 1091
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 849
• Referred to Rules -SJ 849
• Withdrawn from Rules -SJ 945
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 945
• Substituted for CS/SB 10 -SJ 945
• Read 2nd time -SJ 945
• Read 3rd time -SJ 946
• CS passed; YEAS 32 NAYS 4 -SJ 946
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1178
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2012-249
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.