CS/CS/HB 971: Judiciary
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Gaetz ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) McBurney
Judiciary; Revises requirements for appointment of members of judicial nominating commissions; provides that, with exception of members selected from list of nominees provided by Board of Governors of Florida Bar, current member of judicial nominating commission appointed by Governor serves at pleasure of Governor; provides for each expired term or vacancy to be filled by appointment in same manner as member whose position is being filled; deletes obsolete provisions; deletes requirement that Executive Office of Governor establish uniform rules of procedure consistent with State Constitution when suspending for cause member of judicial nominating commission; provides appropriation; provides that judicial nominating commission for 1st DCA will nominate persons to Office of Judges of Compensation Claims; deletes provisions creating nominating commission solely for Office of Judges of Compensation Claims. APPROPRIATION: $500,000.00
Last Action: 3/9/2012 House - Died in returning Messages
Location: In returning messages from Senate
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Government Operations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 95
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 01/11/12, 11:30 am, 404 HOB
• Introduced -HJ 95
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 5 -HJ 227
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Government Operations Subcommittee -HJ 235
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 226
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Subcommittee, 01/31/12, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 3 -HJ 320
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 320
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/16/12, 11:30 am, 404 HOB
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 4 -HJ 686
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 682
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 678
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 793
• Amendment(s) adopted (339213) -HJ 793
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 822
• Amendment(s) adopted (762771) -HJ 823
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 77 NAYS 35 -HJ 823
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 849
• Referred to Judiciary; Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations; Budget -SJ 849
• Withdrawn from Judiciary; Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations; Budget -SJ 934
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 934
• Substituted for SB 1570 -SJ 934
• Read 2nd time -SJ 934
• Amendment(s) adopted (534342, 547054) -SJ 934
• Read 3rd time -SJ 938
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 24 NAYS 14 -SJ 938
• In returning messages
• Died in returning Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.