CS/SB 56: Infant Death
GENERAL BILL by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs ; Hays
Infant Death; Revising the education and orientation requirements for birth centers and their families to incorporate safe sleep practices and causes of Sudden Unexpected Infant Death; revising legislative findings and intent with respect to the sudden unexpected death of an infant under a specified age; defining the term “Sudden Unexpected Infant Death”; revising provisions relating to training requirements for first responders; revising requirements relating to autopsies performed by medical examiners, etc.
- Health Policy (HP)
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
• Referred to Health Policy; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs -SJ 11
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 01/23/13, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Health Policy; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Now in Children, Families, and Elder Affairs -SJ 112
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 02/19/13, 1:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 03/06/13, 2:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• Introduced -SJ 112
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 03/12/13, 2:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 210
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 210
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs read 1st time -SJ 211
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/27/13
• Read 2nd time -SJ 270
• Amendment(s) adopted (526840) -SJ 270
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 270
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 310
• Amendment(s) adopted (296380) -SJ 310
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 310
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 615
• Received -HJ 615
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/17/13
• Substituted for CS/CS/CS/HB 83 -HJ 628
• Read 2nd time -HJ 628
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 670
• Amendment(s) adopted (924119) -HJ 670
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 671
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (924119) -SJ 885, 886
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 886
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2013-62
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.