CS/SB 284: School Emergencies
GENERAL BILL by Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security ; Negron
School Emergencies; Requiring district school board policies to list the emergency response agencies that are responsible for notifying the school district of emergencies; authorizing a public school to purchase and maintain a supply of epinephrine auto-injectors; providing that a school district and its employees and agents, including a physician providing a standing protocol for school epinephrine auto-injectors, are not liable for an injury to a student arising from the use of an epinephrine auto-injector under certain circumstances; requiring the emergency response agencies to notify private schools in the school district of emergencies under certain circumstances, etc.
Last Action: 5/30/2013 - Chapter No. 2013-63
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education (ED)
- Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security (MS)
• Referred to Education; Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security -SJ 25
• Introduced -SJ 25
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/12/13, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 208
• Now in Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security -SJ 208
• On Committee agenda-- Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security, 03/20/13, 3:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by- Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 241
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 241
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/27/13
• CS by Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security read 1st time -SJ 284
• Read 2nd time -SJ 266
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 306
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 306
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 913
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/13
• Received -HJ 912
• Read 2nd time -HJ 961
• Substituted for CS/HB 369 -HJ 962
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 998
• CS passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 998
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 881
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2013-63
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.