CS/SB 1282: Charter Schools
GENERAL BILL by Education ; Stargel
Charter Schools; Requiring policies agreed to by the sponsor and charter school to be incorporated into the charter contract; authorizing a charter school operated by a Florida College System institution to serve students in kindergarten through grade 12; prohibiting the governing board or other related entity of a charter school subject to a corrective action plan or financial recovery plan from applying to open an additional charter school; restricting expenditures upon nonrenewal or termination of a charter school; revising requirements for classification as a high-performing charter school system, etc.
Last Action: 5/3/2013 Senate - Died in Judiciary, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 7009 (Ch. 2013-250), CS/SB 1108 (Ch. 2013-236)
Location: In committee/council (JU)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education (ED)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Education; Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 96
• Introduced -SJ 96
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/18/13, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Discussed/Workshop
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 04/01/13, 3:15 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Education; YEAS 7 NAYS 2 -SJ 279
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Education read 1st time -SJ 287
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 279
• Died in Judiciary, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 7009 (Ch. 2013-250), CS/SB 1108 (Ch. 2013-236)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.