CS/SB 1390: School District Innovation
GENERAL BILL by Education ; Montford
School District Innovation; Creating the Florida Innovation Schools Act; granting school districts the ad valorem tax exemption given to charter schools; creating innovation schools to allow school districts to earn flexibility for high academic achievement; limiting the number of such schools that may be operated and established in a school district; exempting such schools from ch. 1000-1013, F.S., subject to certain exceptions; providing for funding, etc.
Last Action: 5/3/2013 House - Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 7009 (Ch. 2013-250)
Location: In messages from Senate
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education (ED)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 157
• Introduced -SJ 157
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/18/13, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Discussed/Workshop
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 04/01/13, 3:15 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Education; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 278
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Education read 1st time -SJ 287
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education -SJ 278
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 04/11/13, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 434
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 434
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/23/13, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 658
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 658
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/13
• Read 2nd time -SJ 764
• Read 3rd time -SJ 764
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 764
• In Messages
• Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 7009 (Ch. 2013-250)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.