CS/CS/HB 1393: Agricultural Storage and Shipping Containers
GENERAL BILL by State Affairs Committee ; Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee ; Beshears
Agricultural Storage and Shipping Containers; Authorizes use of certain brands & marks on containers used for storage & transport of agricultural & other commercial products to designate & distinguish ownership of containers; provides requirements for sale & purchase of specified number of plastic bulk merchandise containers; provides that prosecuting attorneys may inspect records of purchase at any time upon reasonable notice; provides criminal & civil penalties; provides exception for operator of waste management facility & certain tax-exempt entities.
Last Action: 6/17/2013 - Chapter No. 2013-211
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 131
• Referred to Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee; Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 214
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee, 03/20/13, 12:00 pm, Reed Hall
• CS by Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 333
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 330
• Now in Criminal Justice Subcommittee -HJ 346
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 03/27/13, 8:00 am, 404 HOB
• Favorable by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 1 -HJ 359
• Now in Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 359
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee, 04/08/13, 3:00 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 449
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 449
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 04/16/13, 2:00 pm, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 686
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 683
• CS/CS by State Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 680
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/13
• Read 2nd time -HJ 719
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 819
• CS passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 819
• In Messages
• Referred to Agriculture; Criminal Justice; Appropriations -SJ 586
• Received -SJ 586
• Withdrawn from Agriculture; Criminal Justice; Appropriations -SJ 595
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 595
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 654 -SJ 595
• Read 2nd time -SJ 595
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 678
• CS passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 678
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 968
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2013-211
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.