CS/HB 169: Tenants
GENERAL BILL by Civil Justice Subcommittee ; McGhee ; Rogers ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Campbell ; Ford ; Jones, M. ; Jones, S. ; Stafford
Tenants; Requires certain notice to tenant renting property subject to pending foreclosure action; creates civil cause of action for failure to provide notice; provides exception.
Last Action: 5/3/2013 House - Died in Judiciary Committee
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 31
• Introduced -HJ 31
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 03/27/13, 10:30 am, 404 HOB
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 371
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 362
• Original reference(s) removed: Insurance and Banking Subcommittee
• CS referred to Judiciary Committee -HJ 382
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 382
• Died in Judiciary Committee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.