SB 1784: Military Installations
GENERAL BILL by Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Brandes
Military Installations; Authorizing the Board of Trustees of the Internal Improvement Trust Fund to acquire certain nonconservation lands to buffer a military installation against encroachment; authorizing the Department of Economic Opportunity to annually recommend nonconservation lands for acquisition through fee simple purchase or less-than-fee interest purchase to the board of trustees for the purpose of preventing the encroachment of military installations; requiring the board of trustees to also consider land acquisition recommendations of the Florida Defense Support Task Force, etc.
Last Action: 7/1/2013 - Chapter No. 2013-222
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Environmental Preservation and Conservation (EP)
- Community Affairs (CA)
• SPB 7028 submitted as a committee bill (SB 1784) by Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security
• Referred to Environmental Preservation and Conservation; Community Affairs -SJ 231
• Introduced -SJ 231
• On Committee agenda-- Environmental Preservation and Conservation, 04/02/13, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Environmental Preservation and Conservation; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 277
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 277
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 04/09/13, 1:30 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Community Affairs; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 397
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 397
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/16/13
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/13
• Read 2nd time -SJ 542
• Amendment(s) adopted (824856) -SJ 542
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 542
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 647
• Passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 647
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 921
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/13
• Received -HJ 920
• Read 2nd time -HJ 965
• Substituted for HB 7101 -HJ 965
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1005
• Passed; YEAS 119 NAYS 0 -HJ 1005
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 881
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2013-222
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.