CS/CS/SB 278: Practice of Optometry
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Health Policy ; Richter ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Grimsley
Practice of Optometry; Authorizing a certified optometrist to administer and prescribe ocular pharmaceutical agents; requiring a certified optometrist to complete a board-approved course and examination on general and ocular pharmaceutical agents before administering or prescribing those agents; providing conditions under which the holder of an optometric faculty certificate may administer and prescribe oral ocular pharmaceutical agents; requiring a clinical laboratory operated by a licensed practitioner of optometry to be licensed under Optometry Practice Act, etc.
Last Action: 4/4/2013 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 239 (Ch. 2013-26) -SJ 301
Location: Acted on by committee/council, pending report (AHS)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Health Policy (HP)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services (AHS)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Health Policy; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 25
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 02/21/13, 8:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Health Policy; YEAS 6 NAYS 3
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services -SJ 113
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 03/06/13, 10:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 25
• CS by Health Policy read 1st time -SJ 107
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 10 NAYS 3 -SJ 196
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 196
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/21/13, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 241
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/27/13
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 244
• Read 2nd time -SJ 262
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 301
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 239 -SJ 301
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 239 (Ch. 2013-26) -SJ 301
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.