CS/CS/HB 335: Property and Casualty Insurance Rates and Forms
GENERAL BILL by Regulatory Affairs Committee ; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Boyd ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Mayfield
Property and Casualty Insurance Rates and Forms; Exempts medical malpractice insurance that covers certain providers & practitioners from specified rate filing requirements; revises provisions relating to notification of rate changes to codify certain amendments made in 2011 & makes editorial changes; provides for informational filing of certain forms that are exempt from OIR's approval process; requires informational filing to include notarized certification from insurer & provides statement that must be included in certification; authorizes office to require prior review & approval of form that is not in compliance; requires Notice of Change In Policy Terms form to be filed with changed renewal policy; provides for construction & applicability.
Last Action: 4/29/2013 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 468 (Ch. 2013-66) -HJ 943
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 46
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 02/13/13, 9:00 am, 404 HOB
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 155
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 152
• Introduced -HJ 46
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/07/13, 1:00 pm, Morris Hall
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 147
• Favorable by Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 203
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 203
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 03/14/13, 1:30 pm, 404 HOB
• CS/CS by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 271
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 270
• CS/CS by Regulatory Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 264
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/13
• Substituted CS/CS/SB 468 -HJ 943
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 468 (Ch. 2013-66) -HJ 943
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.