CS/CS/HB 383: Interstate Insurance Product Regulation Compact
GENERAL BILL by Regulatory Affairs Committee ; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Hudson ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Broxson ; Santiago
Interstate Insurance Product Regulation Compact; Provides legislative findings & intent; provides purposes; provides for establishment of Interstate Insurance Product Regulation Commission; provides responsibilities of commission; specifies commission as instrumentality of compacting states; provides for venue; specifies commission as separate, not-for-profit entity; provides powers of commission; provides for organization of commission; provides for membership, voting, & bylaws; designates Commissioner of Insurance Regulation as representative of state on commission; allows Commissioner of Insurance to designate person to represent state on commission; provides for management committee, officers, & personnel of commission; provides authority of management committee; provides for legislative & advisory committees; provides for qualified immunity, defense, & indemnification of members, officers, employees, & representatives of commission; provides for meetings & acts of commission; provides rules & operating procedures; provides rulemaking functions of commission; provides for opting out of uniform standards; provides procedures & requirements; provides for commission records & enforcement; provides that commission is subject to certain state tax requirements; authorizes Financial Services Commission to adopt rules; requires OIR to prepare & submit report by certain date to Legislature on effect of compact on consumer protections.
Last Action: 6/10/2013 - Chapter No. 2013-140
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Government Operations Subcommittee; Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 49
• Introduced -HJ 49
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 03/13/13, 9:00 am, 404 HOB
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 272
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Government Operations Subcommittee -HJ 270
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 264
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Subcommittee, 03/27/13, 10:30 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 357
• Now in Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 357
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee, 04/02/13, 8:30 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 406
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 406
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 04/09/13, 10:30 am, 404 HOB
• CS/CS by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 472
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Regulatory Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 464
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 578
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/17/13
• Read 2nd time -HJ 644
• Read 3rd time -HJ 644
• CS passed; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 644
• In Messages
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 501
• Received -SJ 501
• Withdrawn from Banking and Insurance; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 765
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 765
• Substituted for CS/CS/CS/SB 242 -SJ 765
• Read 2nd time -SJ 765
• Amendment(s) adopted (760430) -SJ 765
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 803
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 804
• In returning messages
• Amendment(s) to Senate amendment(s) adopted (913995) -HJ 1081, 1084
• Concurred in Senate amendment(s) as amended -HJ 1084
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 1084
• In returning messages
• Concurred in House amendment(s) to Senate amendment(s) (913995) -SJ 1032
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 1034
• Ordered enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2013-140
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.