SB 514: Public School Safety
GENERAL BILL by Sobel
Public School Safety; Citing this act as the "School Safety Act"; authorizing each county to create an independent special district by ordinance to provide funding for public school security and mental health services; requiring elector approval to annually levy ad valorem taxes; creating a governing council for the district; basing the size of the council on the population of the county, etc.
Last Action: 5/3/2013 Senate - Died in Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education (ED)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax (AFT)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Education; Community Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 39
• Introduced -SJ 39
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/12/13, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education; YEAS 7 NAYS 1 -SJ 208
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 208
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 04/16/13, 1:30 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 480
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax -SJ 480
• Died in Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.