CS/CS/HB 7091: K-20 Education
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; Education Appropriations Subcommittee ; K-12 Subcommittee ; Porter ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Adkins ; Bracy ; Campbell ; Castor Dentel ; Coley ; Diaz, M. ; Fasano ; Fresen ; Grant ; Jones, M. ; Nelson ; Perry ; Raburn ; Saunders ; Smith ; Spano
K-20 Education; Provides that Next Generation Sunshine State Standards include common core standards; revises middle grades promotion requirements; provides requirements for standard high school diploma & diploma designations; provides course & assessment requirements for diploma; provides requirements for statewide, standardized assessment program; provides for transition to common core assessments; provides requirements for industry certifications & funding therefor; revises funding for students based on completion of end-of-course assessments; revises certain calculations in FEFP & teacher bonuses; provides performance payments to schools based on student digital competency.
Last Action: 5/3/2013 House - Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 7009 (Ch. 2013-250), CS/CS/SB 1076 (Ch. 2013-27), CS/SB 1096 (Ch. 2013-35), SB 1514 (Ch. 2013-45), CS/CS/SB 1664 (Ch. 2013-185), CS/CS/SB 1720 (Ch. 2013-51)
Location: On Unfinished Business Calendar
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 238
• Referred to Education Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 256
• On Committee agenda-- Education Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/19/13, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS by Education Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 307
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Education Appropriations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 304
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 331
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 03/27/13, 1:00 pm, Reed Hall
• CS/CS by- Education Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 359
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Education Committee read 1st time -HJ 354
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 370
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/02/13
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading -HJ 391
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/11/13
• Read 2nd time -HJ 484
• Amendment(s) adopted (270637) -HJ 511
• Temporarily postponed on 2nd reading; On Unfinished Business -HJ 511
• Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 7009 (Ch. 2013-250), CS/CS/SB 1076 (Ch. 2013-27), CS/SB 1096 (Ch. 2013-35), SB 1514 (Ch. 2013-45), CS/CS/SB 1664 (Ch. 2013-185), CS/CS/SB 1720 (Ch. 2013-51)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.