SB 746: Terms of Courts
GENERAL BILL by Stargel
Terms of Courts; Repealing provisions relating to regular terms of the Supreme Court; repealing provisions relating to requiring a judge to attend the first day of each term of the circuit court; repealing provisions relating to a requirement for a judge to state a reason for nonattendance; allowing the Supreme Court to set terms of court for the Supreme Court, district courts of appeal, and circuit courts; authorizing appellate courts to withdraw a mandate within 120 days after its issuance, etc.
Last Action: 4/4/2013 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7017 (Ch. 2013-25) -SJ 309
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice (ACJ)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 55
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/06/13, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 55
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 156
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice -SJ 156
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 03/13/13, 9:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 210
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 210
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/21/13, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -SJ 239
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 239
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/27/13
• Read 2nd time -SJ 269
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 309
• Substituted HB 7017 -SJ 309
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7017 (Ch. 2013-25) -SJ 309
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.