CS/SB 778: Transactions in Fresh Produce Markets
GENERAL BILL by Agriculture ; Thompson ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Bullard ; Sobel
Transactions in Fresh Produce Markets; Authorizing certain owners and operators of farmers’ markets, community farmers’ markets, flea markets, and other open-air markets selling fresh produce to allow authorized Food and Nutrition Service groups, associations, and third-party organizations to operate electronic benefits transfer systems in such markets, etc.
- Agriculture (AG)
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Appropriations (AP)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Agriculture; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Appropriations; Rules -SJ 56
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture, 03/04/13, 3:30 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• CS by Agriculture; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 113
• Introduced -SJ 56
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Agriculture read 1st time -SJ 111
• Now in Children, Families, and Elder Affairs -SJ 113
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 03/18/13, 3:30 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 229
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 229
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/28/13, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0
• Now in Rules -SJ 278
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/09/13, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -SJ 397
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 397
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/16/13
• Read 2nd time -SJ 469
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 556
• CS passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 556
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 974
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/30/13
• Received -HJ 974
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1008
• Substituted for CS/HB 631 -HJ 1008
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 1039
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.