CS/SB 948: Water Supply
GENERAL BILL by Agriculture ; Grimsley
Water Supply; Providing a legislative declaration that efforts to adequately and dependably meet water needs require the cooperation of utility companies, private landowners, water consumers, and the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services; providing that the governing board of a water management district shall assist self-suppliers, among others, in meeting water supply demands in a manner that will give priority to encouraging conservation and reducing adverse environmental effects, etc.
Last Action: 6/17/2013 - Chapter No. 2013-177
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Environmental Preservation and Conservation (EP)
- Agriculture (AG)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Environmental Preservation and Conservation; Agriculture -SJ 68
• On Committee agenda-- Environmental Preservation and Conservation, 03/07/13, 10:30 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 68
• Favorable by Environmental Preservation and Conservation; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 156
• Now in Agriculture -SJ 156
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture, 03/18/13, 1:00 pm, 301 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture, 04/01/13, 12:15 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• CS by- Agriculture; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 279
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Remaining references corrected to Appropriations -SJ 290
• Now in Appropriations
• CS by Agriculture read 1st time -SJ 284
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/18/13, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -SJ 480
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 480
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/13
• Read 2nd time -SJ 612
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 702
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 702
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 975
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/30/13
• Received -HJ 974
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1010
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1043
• CS passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 1044
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 986
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2013-177
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.