CS/CS/SB 172: Notaries Public
GENERAL BILL by Regulated Industries ; Commerce and Tourism ; Soto
Notaries Public; Requiring a notary public to record specified information in a notarial journal when performing certain notarial acts; requiring that a notary public retain a notarial journal for a specified period; requiring a notary public to notify the Notary Section of the Executive Office of the Governor if a notarial journal is lost, stolen, misplaced, destroyed, erased, compromised, rendered unusable, or becomes otherwise inaccessible during the retention period; exempting certain acts of specified law enforcement and correctional officers from the notarial journal requirements, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2014 House - Died in Messages
Location: In messages from Senate
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Regulated Industries (RI)
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Regulated Industries -SJ 23
• Introduced -SJ 23
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 03/10/14, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 243
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Regulated Industries -SJ 243
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 03/20/14, 8:30 am, 301 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• CS by Commerce and Tourism read 1st time -SJ 246
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 03/26/14, 1:30 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by- Regulated Industries; YEAS 6 NAYS 3 -SJ 356
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 356
• CS/CS by Regulated Industries read 1st time -SJ 360
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/14
• Read 2nd time -SJ 532
• Amendment(s) adopted (330542) -SJ 532
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 533
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 610
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 36 NAYS 1 -SJ 610
• In Messages
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.