CS/SB 236: Renaming of Florida College System Institutions
GENERAL BILL by Education ; Richter
Renaming of Florida College System Institutions; Renaming Edison State College and Pasco-Hernando Community College as “Florida SouthWestern State College” and “Pasco-Hernando State College,” respectively, etc.
Last Action: 5/14/2014 - Chapter No. 2014-8
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education (ED)
- Community Affairs (CA)
• Referred to Education; Community Affairs -SJ 27
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 01/14/14, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 138
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 138
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 02/04/14, 2:00 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Community Affairs; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 137
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 137
• Introduced -SJ 27
• CS by Education read 1st time -SJ 118
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/11/14
• Read 2nd time -SJ 235
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 258
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 258
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 329
• Received -HJ 329
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/26/14
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 137 -HJ 350
• Read 2nd time -HJ 350
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 370
• CS passed; YEAS 113 NAYS 2 -HJ 370
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 378
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-8
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.