CS/SB 256: Public Records/Forensic Behavioral Health Evaluation
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Garcia
Public Records/Forensic Behavioral Health Evaluation; Creating an exemption from public records requirements for a forensic behavioral health evaluation filed with a court; providing retroactive application; providing a statement of public necessity, etc.
Last Action: 6/13/2014 - Chapter No. 2014-67
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 29
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 12/09/13, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 136
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 136
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 01/16/14, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 02/20/14, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 03/06/14, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 29
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 207
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules -SJ 207
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/12/14, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time -SJ 221
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 242
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 242
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/26/14
• Read 2nd time -SJ 334
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 389
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 389
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 825
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/14
• Received -HJ 825
• Read 2nd time -HJ 874
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 111 -HJ 874
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 900
• CS passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 900
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 880
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-67
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.