CS/HB 301: Medical Examiners
GENERAL BILL by Health Quality Subcommittee ; Spano ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Baxley ; Campbell ; Roberson
Medical Examiners; Clarifies circumstances under which case must be referred to district medical examiner for determination of cause of death; prohibits user fees for specified services.
Last Action: 5/2/2014 House - Died in Local and Federal Affairs Committee
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Health Quality Subcommittee; Local and Federal Affairs Committee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 29
• On Committee agenda-- Health Quality Subcommittee, 02/05/14, 9:30 am, 306 HOB
• CS by Health Quality Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 155
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Local and Federal Affairs Committee -HJ 150
• Introduced -HJ 29
• CS by Health Quality Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 138
• On Committee agenda-- Local and Federal Affairs Committee, 03/12/14, 1:00 pm, Webster Hall --Temporarily deferred
• Died in Local and Federal Affairs Committee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.