SB 320: Commercial and Recreational Water Activities
GENERAL BILL by Sachs ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Margolis ; Sobel
Commercial and Recreational Water Activities; Citing this act as the "White-Miskell Act"; prohibiting certain commercial and recreational water activities within certain areas; requiring the operator of a vessel engaged in commercial parasailing to ensure that specified requirements are met; requiring the owner of a vessel engaged in commercial parasailing to obtain and maintain an insurance policy; requiring the operator to have a current and valid license issued by the United States Coast Guard; prohibiting commercial parasailing unless certain equipment is present on the vessel and certain weather conditions are met; requiring that a weather log be maintained and made available for inspection, etc.
- Regulated Industries (RI)
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Community Affairs (CA)
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Commerce and Tourism; Community Affairs -SJ 33
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 01/09/14, 9:30 am, 301 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 02/13/14, 9:30 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Regulated Industries; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 136
• Now in Commerce and Tourism -SJ 136
• Introduced -SJ 33
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 03/10/14, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 238
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 238
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/19/14, 11:00 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Community Affairs; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 304
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 304
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/26/14
• Read 2nd time -SJ 334
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 389
• Passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 389
• In Messages
• Received -HJ 943
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 943
• Read 2nd time -HJ 943
• Amendment(s) adopted (595839) -HJ 946
• Read 3rd time -HJ 946
• Passed as amended; YEAS 117 NAYS 1 -HJ 946
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (595839) -SJ 1033
• Passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 1036
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 1036
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-70
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.