CS/CS/HB 355: Postsecondary Education Textbook and Instructional Materials Affordability
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; Higher Education and Workforce Subcommittee ; Porter ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ahern ; Saunders
Postsecondary Education Textbook and Instructional Materials Affordability; Requires SBE & BOG to adopt textbook & instructional materials affordability policies, procedures, & guidelines; provides requirements for use of adopted undergraduate textbooks & instructional materials; requires public postsecondary institution to post in course registration system & on website information relating to required & recommended textbooks & instructional materials & prices thereof; requires task force to research affordability issues.
Last Action: 5/2/2014 Senate - Died in Education
Bill Text: PDF
- Education (ED)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Higher Education and Workforce Subcommittee; Education Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 32
• On Committee agenda-- Higher Education and Workforce Subcommittee, 03/05/14, 4:00 pm, Reed Hall
• Introduced -HJ 32
• CS by Higher Education and Workforce Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 219
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Higher Education and Workforce Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 209
• Now in Education Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 277
• On Committee agenda-- Education Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/24/14, 12:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Education Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 344
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 344
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 03/27/14, 1:30 pm, Reed Hall
• CS/CS by- Education Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 397
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Education Committee read 1st time -HJ 392
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 426
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/21/14
• Read 2nd time -HJ 562
• Amendment(s) adopted (098221, 827355, 897149) -HJ 562
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 578
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 120 NAYS 0 -HJ 578
• In Messages
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 525
• Received -SJ 525
• Died in Education
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.