CS/HB 357: Water and Wastewater Utility Systems
GENERAL BILL by Finance and Tax Subcommittee ; Santiago
Water and Wastewater Utility Systems; Requires certain review of private activity bond allocations; exempts from regulation certain resellers of water services; establishing criteria for determining the quality of water and wastewater services provided by a utility; establishes procedure for determining whether utility meets certain water standards; authorizes commission to adopt rules & create a utility reserve fund; provides for automatic increase or decrease of approved rates; revises provisions relating to rate case expenses; provides for certain loans, grants, & deposits to for-profit privately owned or investor-owned systems.
Last Action: 4/29/2014 House - Laid on Table -HJ 850
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Energy and Utilities Subcommittee; Finance and Tax Subcommittee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 33
• On Committee agenda-- Energy and Utilities Subcommittee, 02/05/14, 9:30 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Energy and Utilities Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 2 -HJ 155
• Now in Finance and Tax Subcommittee -HJ 155
• Introduced -HJ 32
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax Subcommittee, 03/13/14, 2:00 pm, Morris Hall
• CS by Finance and Tax Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 3 -HJ 292
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Finance and Tax Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 291
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 336
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 03/27/14, 1:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 1 -HJ 397
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 397
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/14
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading -HJ 764
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/14
• Laid on Table -HJ 850
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.