SB 388: Public Retirement Plans
GENERAL BILL by Bean
Public Retirement Plans; Providing that a consolidated government that has entered into an interlocal agreement to provide police protection services to a municipality within its boundaries is eligible to receive the premium taxes reported for the municipality under certain circumstances; authorizing the municipality receiving the police protection services to enact an ordinance levying the tax as provided by law, etc.
Last Action: 4/28/2014 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 117 (Ch. 2014-28) -SJ 723
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax (AFT)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Community Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 37
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 01/16/14, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 136
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 136
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 02/04/14, 2:00 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 135
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax -SJ 135
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax, 02/19/14, 3:30 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 139
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 139
• Introduced -SJ 37
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/22/14, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 584
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 584
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/14
• Read 2nd time -SJ 687
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 723
• Substituted HB 117 -SJ 723
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 117 (Ch. 2014-28) -SJ 723
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.