CS/SB 1008: Article V Constitutional Conventions
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Stargel
Article V Constitutional Conventions; Citing this act as the "Article V Constitutional Convention Act"; establishing qualifications of delegates and alternate delegates to an Article V constitutional convention; providing for the appointment of delegates by the Legislature; requiring majority vote approval in each chamber for the appointment of delegates; authorizing the Legislature to recall a delegate and fill a vacancy; authorizing the presiding officers of the Legislature to call a special legislative session to fill a vacancy; establishing a legislative method for appointments and recalls, etc.
Last Action: 4/24/2014 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 609 (Ch. 2014-52) -SJ 600
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Appropriations (AP)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Judiciary; Appropriations; Rules -SJ 81
• Introduced -SJ 81
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/08/14, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 6 NAYS 3 -SJ 459
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 459
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/10/14, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Appropriations; YEAS 11 NAYS 6
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/21/14, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 6 NAYS 5 -SJ 515
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 515
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/14
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 517
• Read 2nd time -SJ 600
• Substituted CS/HB 609 -SJ 600
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 609 (Ch. 2014-52) -SJ 600
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.