CS/SB 1318: Public Records and Meetings/Public-private Partnerships
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Community Affairs ; Evers
Public Records and Meetings/Public-private Partnerships; Amending provisions relating to qualifying public-private projects for public facilities and infrastructure; providing an exemption from public records requirements for unsolicited proposals received by a responsible public entity for a specified period; providing an exemption from public meeting requirements for any portion of a meeting of a responsible public entity during which exempt proposals are discussed; providing for future repeal and legislative review of the exemptions; providing statements of public necessity, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2014 House - Died in Messages
Location: In messages from Senate
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 107
• Introduced -SJ 107
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/19/14, 11:00 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 305
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Community Affairs read 1st time -SJ 309
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 305
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 04/03/14, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 442
• Now in Rules -SJ 442
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/09/14, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -SJ 459
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 459
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/14
• Read 2nd time -SJ 797
• Amendment(s) adopted (639104) -SJ 798
• Read 3rd time -SJ 798
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 798
• In Messages
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.