CS/CS/SB 1396: Public Records and Meetings/Public-private Partnerships/State Universities
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Education ; Montford
Public Records and Meetings/Public-private Partnerships/State Universities; Amending provisions relating to public-private projects for the upgrade of state university facilities and infrastructure; creating an exemption from public records requirements for unsolicited proposals held by a state university board of trustees for a specified period; creating an exemption from public meetings requirements for portions of meetings of a state university board of trustees at which confidential and exempt information is discussed; providing for future review and repeal of the exemptions under the Open Government Sunset Review Act; providing statements of public necessity, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2014 Senate - Died on Calendar
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education (ED)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Education; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 112
• Introduced -SJ 112
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/11/14, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Education; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 242
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 242
• CS by Education read 1st time -SJ 254
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 03/26/14, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 355
• Now in Rules -SJ 355
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/02/14, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/09/14, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -SJ 510
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 512
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 510
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/14
• Retained on Calendar -SJ 697
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.